Our firm provides outstanding service to our clients because of our dedication to the three underlying principles of professionalism, responsiveness and quality.

Read More


Our firm is one of the leading firms in the area. By combining our expertise, experience and the energy of our staff, each client receives close personal and professional attention.

Read More


Companies who choose our firm rely on competent advice and fast, accurate personnel. We provide total financial services to individuals, large and small businesses and other agencies.

Read More

What is an Enrolled Agent

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a Federally Authorized Tax Pracitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the IRS for audits, collections, and appeals.

  • What does the term "Enrolled Agent" mean?
    "Enrolled" means EA's are licensed to practice by the federal government. "Agent" means EA's are authorized to appear in place of the taxpayer at the IRS. Only EA's, attorneys, and CPA's may represent taxpayers before the IRS. The Enrolled Agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the Treasury Department.

  • How can an Enrolled Agent help me?
    EA's advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax reporting requirements. EA's prepare millions of tax returns each year. Enrolled Agents' expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS, as well as, deal with IRS Collection Division on behalf of taxpayers.

  • What are the differences between EA's and other tax professionals?
    Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPA's, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all EA's specialize in taxation. EA's are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the U.S. government. (CPA's and attorneys are licensed by the states.) The EA's Federal license allows them to represent taxpayers in any state in the U.S. and its territories.

  • Are EA's required to take continuing professional education?
    In addition to the stringent testing and application process, EA's are required to complete 72 hours of continuing professional education, reported every 3 years, to maintain their status. Because of the difficulty in becoming an Enrolled Agent and keeping up the required credentials, there are no more than 30,000 active EA's in the United States.

  • Are Enrolled Agents bound by any ethical standards?
    EA’s are required to abide by the provisions of the U.S. Treasury Department Circular 230. EA's found to be in violation of the provisions contained in Circular 230 may be suspended or disbarred.

Houston, TX Accounting, Tax & Business Solutions

Tax & Business Solutions | 5629 Fm 1960 West Suite 221, Houston, TX 77069 | Phone: (281) 781-7794 | Fax: (832) 201-0656 | bveleva@tbsolutions.us